Company: Butterball, LLC
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Job Summary:This position is responsible for analyzing actual
cost versus SAP standard cost variances. Analysis to include but
not limited to, yield, labor, packaging, and overhead costs.
Communicates results directly with Operations Management. The
accounting operations analyst will also assist in the development
and the maintenance of SAP master product costing data through
working directly with Operations Management and R & D staff. This
position will also work closely with the business to develop and
maintain performance indicators to track process and operational
improvements. Such performance measurements might also include
business growth, new products/customers/markets penetration, or
revenue contributors from these new areas. There will also be an
opportunity to evaluate capital investments using financial
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze actual versus SAP standard performance variances and
help maintain subsequent reports.
- Prepare Weekly Yield reports as necessary
- Assist in the development, set-up, and maintenance of SAP
- Assist in the development, set-up, and maintenance of SAP scrap
- Create ad-hoc costing scenarios for the purpose of cost impact
evaluations of new materials or processes.
- Coordinate the progression of releasing new materials in
- Perform work on the activity-based costing (ABC) models for the
- Assist with the facilitation of the annual budget process,
monthly and quarterly reforecasts, and work with business leaders
to determine necessary forecast adjustments and budget needs.
- Prepare financial and business-related templates as well as
analyze and research in such areas as financial and expense
performance, rate of return, depreciation, etc.
- Compile and prepare reports, graphs and charts of data
- Assist with special financial and business-related studies and
collaborate with other departments in preparing analyses.
- Analyze and investigate P&L and variance between
plan/forecast and expected results.
- Issue identification and problem resolution to ensure
attainment of commitments and objectives.
- Prepare various ad hoc analysis and projects to assist with the
management of the business.
- Develop various models and reports to enable operational
tracking and improvement including driving and reporting on cost
- Evaluate and implement systems and processes, including
budgeting, planning, reporting, analytical tools.
- Perform inventory control related duties and fixed asset
- Backup Payroll and the Accounting Manager as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Product Costing knowledge preferred.
- SAP system or other ERP systems knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of processing flow in protein industry, a plus.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to communicate at levels of the organization.
- Self -driven with ability to multi-task and work with minimal
supervision in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Highly skilled in the use of computer software (e.g., Microsoft
Office, AS400, SAP)
--- Education & Experience:
- 4-year (Bachelor) degree in Accounting or related field
- 2-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in the poultry or
protein industry strongly preferred.
Keywords: Butterball, LLC, Fayetteville , Accounting Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Huntsville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!