Sr. Project Engineer
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Schwan s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle
company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer
and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and
food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron ,
Tony s , Big Daddy s , Villa Prima and Freschetta pizza; Mrs. Smith
s and Edwards desserts; and Pagoda Asian-style snacks. To learn
more about Schwan s, visit .
We are hiring a Sr. Project Engineer at our largest site in
Stilwell, OK. This position is responsible for supervising the
production, packaging, bakery, and processing of food product. The
Sr Project Engineer leverages prior experience on multiple large-
scale initiatives to execute highly complex capital projects within
a specific platform or manufacturing site.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food
company. For the right candidate, the Sr. Project Engineer role is
a starting point on the path to a technical leadership
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being
of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic,
good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of
benefits Responsibilities :
- The engineer leads the development of fully executable
projects, provides project management services and acts as
technical resource from the conceptual phase though execution and
- This role will align internal & external teams in supporting
the Businesses annual capital plan.
- Provides project management services for assigned engineering
- Develops overall project design including line specification
project budgets, schedules and prepares project justification and
develops capital requests including cash-flow forecast.
- Coordinates external engineering services and partners with
internal team as needed for successful project completion.
- Provides specifications bid preparation and bid solicitation to
secure best pricing. Identifies and manages the capital and related
expenses, optimum layout, equipment selection and timeline.
- Provides Global Supply Chain (GSC) feasibility perspectives for
growth, productivity and infrastructure.
- Manages communications and project governance within GSC key
- Fulfills requirements for the Design phase (e.g. Risk analysis,
design, Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) Sanitary design Safety
analysis); Implementation phase (e.g. Factory Acceptance Test (FAT)
Site Acceptance Test (SAT)); and Start-up (e.g. Commissioning
Qualification and Verification (CQV) planning Vertical Start-up
(VSU) assessments) and successful handover to the plant.
- Assists the corporate engineering team in the management of
major cross- functional corporate capital projects.
- Provides technical expertise to support the manufacturing
- Stays current with industry technologies and processes to
provide best available technology solutions.
- Applies technical knowledge and leadership to solve problems
and drive improvements on processing systems.
- Partners with R&D Quality Operations and
Engineering/Maintenance on cost optimized solutions to drive to
- Collaborates with R&D and business teams on tests trials
and new products.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates
(if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with
company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards
of conduct What we need from you:
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be
self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need
someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong
relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to
effectively work closely with cross-functional teams. Education:
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or Industrial
Engineering (ABET accredited program preferred).
Years of Related Experience: 7+ years with successful project
management leadership on multi-unit operation projects
- Strong problem-solving decision making and trouble-shooting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and
- Full understanding of drawing/drifting practices with ability
to use CAD
- Strong knowledge of engineering standards of design
construction and installation;
- Advanced knowledge of processing packaging & facility systems
along with working knowledge of food manufacturing engineering
quality and research functions;
- Strong understanding of environmental human and food safety
- Working knowledge of USDA FDA OSHA EPA City and/or State
agencies etc. for both manufacturing processes and building
- Ability to work with and influence diverse groups at various
levels and across functions; Ability to train maintenance and
production personnel as well as plan and execute work with
maintenance and vendors.
- Knowledge of Lean Six-Sigma concepts is preferred. Ability and
willingness to travel up to 25% of the time as required (dependent
on location). The employing subsidiaries of Schwan s Company are
Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to
disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status,
national origin or other protected class.
Keywords: Schwan's, Fayetteville , Sr. Project Engineer, Engineering , Stilwell, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!