Company: Garver Engineering
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Garver is seeking a PROJECT ENGINEER in our Fayetteville, Arkansas office to join our Water Design Center Process Mechanical Team. The Project Engineer will be led by a Project Manager on a team consisting of design engineers focused on the production of design documents including reports, plans, sections, details and specifications on a range of water and wastewater treatment plant and related facilities projects. The Project Engineer must be capable of working closely within a multi discipline team to coordinate and collaborate on designs.
This position will be responsible for performing a wide array of Water Business Line related design tasks, such as:
* Assist with the design of water and wastewater treatment processes
* Assist in develop design criteria from analysis of water and wastewater treatment plant data
* Hydraulic analysis of water and wastewater treatment plants
* Pump selection and pump station design
* Chemical storage and feed system design
* Blower sizing and blower system design
* Mechanical equipment selection
* Piping and instrumentation drawing production
* Contract document preparation
* Support of construction projects.
* Work may include support of water and wastewater process evaluation, selection, and implementation.
* Develop construction drawings, and 3D models
The Garver Water Team prides itself on being innovative and progressive while preserving a rich tradition of quality design. We focus on creating cost-effective designs for long-term operational efficiency while maintaining community and environmental responsibility.
Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm, headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. With over 500 employees spread between 26 offices in 11 states, Garver offers a wide range of services with a focus on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, power, transportation, survey, and water. Garver sits in the top 150 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list, while Zweig Group has recognized Garver as a best firm to work for in the multi-discipline category for five consecutive years. Garver will celebrate a century of doing business in 2019. For more information, visit GarverUSA.com.
ABOUT GARVER\'S WATER DESIGN CENTER:
The Water Design Center is a knowledge-based hub that excels in highly technical, multi-discipline water and wastewater designs. The WDC specializes in large, high-volume, custom water and wastewater treatment plant projects. Centralizing the location of the WDC means communication, coordination, and participation with team members is constant. This integral working relationship benefits the client through project delivery schedule and design quality, as well as the engineer s opportunity for team collaboration and professional growth.
LIFE IN NORTHWEST ARKANSAS:
The Good Life magazine describes Northwest Arkansas as somewhere that may be one of the fastest growing places in the nation, but the heart and soul of small town America is alive and well here. The region is comprised of several adjacent cities where you ll discover museums, art galleries, shopping and dining amid architectural and historical treasures all just a stone s throw from fishing, biking, water sports, hiking, camping, boating and breathtaking vistas nestled high in the Ozark Mountains.
A few accolades about Northwest Arkansas include:
* 1st Best Affordable Place to Live in 2016, U.S. News
* 2nd Best Mid-sized City for Jobs in 2016, Forbes
* 3rd Best place to live in 2016, U.S. News
* Bachelor's degree in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, Environmental, or Biological engineers.
* Registered as an Engineer Intern (EI) or eligible to take the FE exam
* Strong communications skills
* Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook
* Previous internship or full-time experience related to water/wastewater projects or site design
* Master s degree in mechanical, civil, chemical, environmental, or biological engineering.
* Previous experience with coordination and support of construction management teams.
* Previous experience in water and wastewater treatment plant improvements projects
* Previous experience in working with AutoCAD and Revit
Garver, LLC is an affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, national origin, veterans, religion or disability, in programs, activities, hiring and employment and complies with all civil rights provisions.Complaints of alleged discrimination or if you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact Tatiana Herrington, Director of Human Resources, TBHerrington@GarverUSA.com, (501) 537-3256.
Keywords: Garver Engineering, Fayetteville , Project Engineer, Engineering , Fayetteville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!