Company: Garver Engineering
Posted on: September 8, 2019
Garver is seeking a PROJECT ENGINEER in our Fayetteville, Arkansas
office to join our Water Design Center Process Mechanical Team. The
Project Engineer will be led by a Project Manager on a team
consisting of design engineers focused on the production of design
documents including reports, plans, sections, details and
specifications on a range of water and wastewater treatment plant
and related facilities projects. The Project Engineer must be
capable of working closely within a multi discipline team to
coordinate and collaborate on designs.
This position will be responsible for performing a wide array of
Water Business Line related design tasks, such as:
* Assist with the design of water and wastewater treatment
* Assist in develop design criteria from analysis of water and
wastewater treatment plant data
* Hydraulic analysis of water and wastewater treatment plants
* Pump selection and pump station design
* Chemical storage and feed system design
* Blower sizing and blower system design
* Mechanical equipment selection
* Piping and instrumentation drawing production
* Contract document preparation
* Support of construction projects.
* Work may include support of water and wastewater process
evaluation, selection, and implementation.
* Develop construction drawings, and 3D models
The Garver Water Team prides itself on being innovative and
progressive while preserving a rich tradition of quality design. We
focus on creating cost-effective designs for long-term operational
efficiency while maintaining community and environmental
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined
engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services
firm, headquartered in North Little Rock, Arkansas. With more than
600 employees spread between more than 31 offices in 12 states,
Garver offers a wide range of services with a focus on aviation,
construction, facilities design, federal, power, transportation,
survey, and water. Garver sits in the top 150 of the Engineering
News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list, while Zweig
Group recognizes Garver as a best firm to work for. Garver is
celebrating its 100th year with a series of client appreciation
events and by supporting STEM education at 100 schools by donating
funds and supplies. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
ABOUT GARVER\'S WATER DESIGN CENTER:
The Water Design Center is a knowledge-based hub that excels in
highly technical, multi-discipline water and wastewater designs.
The WDC specializes in large, high-volume, custom water and
wastewater treatment plant projects. Centralizing the location of
the WDC means communication, coordination, and participation with
team members is constant. This integral working relationship
benefits the client through project delivery schedule and design
quality, as well as the engineer s opportunity for team
collaboration and professional growth.
LIFE IN NORTHWEST ARKANSAS:
The Good Life magazine describes Northwest Arkansas as somewhere
that may be one of the fastest growing places in the nation, but
the heart and soul of small town America is alive and well here.
The region is comprised of several adjacent cities where you ll
discover museums, art galleries, shopping and dining amid
architectural and historical treasures all just a stone s throw
from fishing, biking, water sports, hiking, camping, boating and
breathtaking vistas nestled high in the Ozark Mountains.
A few accolades about Northwest Arkansas include:
* 1st Best Affordable Place to Live in 2016, U.S. News
* 2nd Best Mid-sized City for Jobs in 2016, Forbes
* 3rd Best place to live in 2016, U.S. News
* Bachelor's degree in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, Environmental,
or Biological engineers.
* Registered as an Engineer Intern (EI) or eligible to take the FE
* Strong communications skills
* Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
* Previous internship or full-time experience related to
water/wastewater projects or site design
* Master s degree in mechanical, civil, chemical, environmental, or
* Previous experience with coordination and support of construction
* Previous experience in water and wastewater treatment plant
* Previous experience in working with AutoCAD and Revit
Garver, LLC is an affirmative action employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, national
origin, veterans, religion or disability, in programs, activities,
hiring and employment and complies with all civil rights
provisions.Complaints of alleged discrimination or if you are an
individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are
having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please
contact Tatiana Herrington, Director of Human Resources,
TBHerrington@GarverUSA.com, (501) 537-3256.
Keywords: Garver Engineering, Fayetteville , Project Engineer, Engineering , Fayetteville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!