Prepress Color Management Technician
Company: Autumn Graphics Ltd.
Posted on: March 17, 2020
The suitable applicant for this position will support and grow our
color management program, provide press-side technical support,
development & support of a color database, analyzing & evaluation
of printed packaging samples, creation of technical reporting &
analytics, support for internal and external customers in a
technical role and interaction with suppliers throughout the
packaging supply chain from design agencies to final print
Position is based in Northwest Arkansas (Fayetteville, AR).
- Support internal customers and manufacturing needs with
technical support, process control, R&D, project management,
communication and documentation.
- Utilize specialized color software and hardware to perform
analysis, data management and reporting.
- Generate technical reports and presentations for suppliers,
customers, internal operations and internal sales as needed.
- Color measurement and analysis of flexographic, roto gravure,
offset and digital print samples.
- Interact with numerous suppliers with on-boarding activities,
technology implementation, process control activities, continuous
improvement initiatives and general communication via phone calls,
email and face-to-face meetings.
- Some travel needed depending on candidate (5-20%).
- Collaborate with customer's brand or marketing teams to provide
technical guidance for project or entire brand.
- Provide support and project management for press optimization,
fingerprint / characterization and other R&D printer
- May need to perform other duties as needed, depending on
Required Technical Skills:
- Color management software and hardware familiarity
- Database and data management
- Basic Adobe Creative Suite skills (Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Ability to work on both Mac and PC platforms
- Flexographic, Gravure, Offset and Digital printing process
- Print process control methodology
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic knowledge of CMYK, RGB, ECG(Expanded Color Gamut) and
- Basic spectrophotometry understanding
Additional Beneficial Technical Skills:
- Familiarity with print and pre-media production
- Quality management, quality assurance and process improvement
methodologies (Six Sigma, Lean, TQM, GMP, SPC)
- Inks and/or ink chemistry understanding
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills (Illustrator,
- Color specifications and methodologies (ISO, FIRST, G7, etc.)
and color tolerances
- Hard and soft copy contract color proofing and RIP
- Electronic color profile (ICC, ICM, etc.)understanding
- Flexographic image carrier knowledge beneficial (photopolymer,
- Electronic routing and collaboration software/workflow
knowledge (Esko WebCenter, Kodak Insite, etc.)
- Anilox, stickyback, doctor blade, inks and plate
- Self-motivation and direction
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment with limited
- Good analytical and attention-to-detail skillset
- Strong organizational skills
- No known visual color deficiencies
- Independent time management
- Packaging specific post-secondary education
- Pre-media production experience
- Print production or observational experience
- FTA (Flexographic Technical Association)
- Internal and external training will be provided depending on
- Competitive compensation and benefits package will be
commensurate with skills and experience
- Potential for relocation support for suitable applicant
Keywords: Autumn Graphics Ltd., Fayetteville , Prepress Color Management Technician, Executive , Fayetteville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!