2nd/3rd Shift Manufacturing Manager
Company: Howmet Aerospace
Posted on: November 15, 2021
The Superintendent is a staff level position responsible for
providing leadership in manufacturing excellence, ensuring customer
satisfaction and continuous improvement of plant performance
measurements (quality, productivity, cycle time, delivery and cash
flow). This position has overall accountability and provides
direction for hourly and manufacturing support employees via direct
reports (area leaders).
- Follow Howmet's Safety Regulations and work Rules Handbook along
with all department specific safety requirements.
- Confers with management personnel to establish production and
quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and to
obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and
delivery dates of products ordered.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes
production priorities for products and services in keeping with
effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance,
and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and
utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed
to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Consults with engineering personnel relative to modification of
machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
- Directs, supervises, leads and coaches direct reports (area
- Maintains quality and reduces inventory levels and lead
- Assists facilitators in performing their duties.
- Attends various meetings.
- Analyzes schedules, makes adjustments if necessary.
- Analyzes production reports, makes adjustments if necessary.
- Participates in safety and continuous improvement
- Prepares performance reviews for direct reports and reviews
indirect reports reviews.
- Must comply with all company attendance policies and guidelines;
this includes, but is not limited to, regular attendance and
- Other duties as assigned.
Job responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited
to, the following:
- Ensure the safety of all employees by promoting a clean and safe
- Improve manufacturing planning, execution, and shop floor
- Provide leadership for Plant ABS and lean manufacturing
- Provide leadership to identify and remove non value added
- Improve product flow and/or implement method improvements to
reduce labor content.
- Develop and train for the professional and personal growth of
team leaders, cell facilitators, supervisors and other
manufacturing support personnel.
- Address any safety issues or non compliances immediately.
- Promote Injury Free Event (IFE) reporting and H.P.
- Accountable for applicable department budgets.
- Maintain good relations and communication with AHLC
- Develop with plant manager and staff budget, strategic plans,
team goals and objectives that align with BU objectives.
- Flow down goals and objectives to the entire organization.
- Contribute to other location specific and corporate teams.
- Maintain excellent delivery performance.
- Conduct capacity analysis to drive standard work and ensure
accuracy of standards.
- Drive cost reductions to improve profitability.
- Use lean manufacturing tools to reduce WIP and cycle time.
- Communicate all relevant information to Staff, customers and
- Understand constraint management, OEE and apply techniques that
exploit constraints to improve OEE.
- Provide leadership in implementing continuous improvement methods
- Consults with engineering personnel relative to modifications to
the process in order to improve production and quality of the
- Provide leadership in a safety and continuous improvement
- Perform all other job duties as assigned
- Maintain an excellent attendance record
- Perform duties in a safe and efficient manner
Keywords: Howmet Aerospace, Fayetteville , 2nd/3rd Shift Manufacturing Manager, Executive , Fayetteville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!