Company: US Department of Veterans Affairs
Posted on: December 3, 2019
The Veterans Health Care System of the Ozarks is seeking a
full-time Board Certified or Board Eligible Internal Medicine
Hospitalist to join our group of dedicated professionals.
Successful candidates should have expertise in hospital medicine
and an avid interest in teaching residents and medical
students.Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities,
schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal
employment. You can verify your education here:
http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign
education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a
Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to
receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:
are seeking a Hospitalist with a commitment to compassionate,
patient-centered care, a desire to work in a collaborative
professional environment, and enthusiasm for ongoing process
improvement. Integrity, empathy, collegiality, and a strong work
ethic are expected.
Duties include but are now limited to the following:
- Providing clinical leadership when on duty with respect to the
evaluation, care and timely and appropriate disposition of
- Overnight supervision of professional staff, including
residents and medical students
- Interacting with emergency room practitioners for safe and
rapid assessment of patients being admitted to the medicine
- In-hospital consultation for non-medicine services
- Covering floor calls for patients on the non-teaching medicine
- appropriate medical record documentation and coding
- Providing leadership during emergency responses
- Coordinating transfers from outside facilities
- Contributing to process improvements with respect to quality,
safety, utilization management, and patient satisfaction
Work Schedule: 7 on 7 off from 7pm to 7am
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Recruitment or Relocation incentives may be authorized for highly
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP): This position is eligible
for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan
reimbursement program within VHA. If selected for this position you
must meet specific individual eligibility criteria in accordance
with VHA policy 1021 and apply for EDRP within four (4) months of
appointment. Final award amount and program start date is
determined after review of a complete EDRP application and
supporting documentation by the VHA Education Loan Repayment
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed
when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance
with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting
from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The
degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by
the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course
of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or
surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United
States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved
by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core
specialty training program leading to eligibility for board
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Preferred Experience: Board certified or Board eligible in Internal
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II,
Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in
the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Light lifting, under 15 pounds, Light
carrying, under 15 pounds, Use of fingers, Walking, Standing, Far
vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other,
Ability to distinguish basic colors, Hearing (aid permitted).
Keywords: US Department of Veterans Affairs, Fayetteville , Physician (Hospitalist), Healthcare , Fayetteville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!