Call Center Registration Specialist (Monday - Friday 9:30am - 6pm) - Clinic Admissions
Company: Washington Regional
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Job Posting: Call Center Registration Specialist (Monday -
Friday 9:30am - 6pm) Employment Type: Full Time Location:
Washington Regional Medical Center - Fayetteville, AR Department:
Clinic Admissions Shift: Monday - Friday Days FTE: Job Number:
JO-2110-44172 Date Posted: 10/12/2021 Categories: General Support
Washington Regional Medical Center is our regions only locally
governed, community-owned, not-for-profit healthcare system. Our
system includes a 425-bed acute care hospital located in the heart
of Fayetteville supported by our clinic system - including primary,
specialty and urgent care operations - that span across Northwest
Arkansas into Harrison and Eureka Springs. Being heavily supported
and invested in our community makes Washington Regional a unique
employer, encouraging staff to give back to the community in which
we live and work and give back to each other.Washington Regional
Mission, Vision and Values prove to be a firm foundation and
inspiration from which we fulfill our purpose.
Mission: Washington Regional is committed to improving the health
of people in communities we serve through compassionate, high
quality care, prevention and wellness education.
Vision: To be the leading healthcare system in Northwest Arkansas
--- the best place to receive care and the best place to give
Values: To treat others patients and their families, visitors,
physicians, and each other as we would want to be treated.Position
OverviewThe role of Call Center Pre-registration is responsible for
scheduling clinic appointments, calculating estimates and
collecting payments.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Works as a team player to provide quality patient care, whether
direct or indirect
- Each employee will assist other team members in accomplishing
their job duties as assigned
- Must possess excellent communication skills and provide high
quality customer service to the patient or family.
- Greets all persons via telephone in a friendly, welcoming
manner and performs duties in a HIPAA-Compliant manner.
- Processes scheduled patients by contacting persons who are
scheduled for clinic services in the next 30 days.
- Obtains or verifies demographic, emergency contact and other
applicable information is entered or updated in the computer system
in the prescribed manner.
- Obtains insurance information, verifies eligibility and
benefits. Asks MSP questions and other regulatory screening that
may be required.
- Reviews outstanding balances and advises patient of payment
policies. Ensures all edits are cleared and visit is ready for
check in upon arrival to the clinic.
- Advises patient to bring insurance cards to be scanned upon
arrival and provides information relevant to the type of
- Must be able to give directions to place of service.
- Must have excellent computer skills with ability to work within
multiple system simultaneously.
- Ability to identify and report duplicate medical records and
follow processes to prevent and eliminate the creation of
- The individual must be adaptable and flexible with ability and
willingness to assist in other areas as requested.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Credentials & Education Required
Technical Competence Understands and appropriately applies
procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to
specialized expertise and maintains credibility with others on
Equivalent of High School diploma with 0 to 2 years medical office
Ability to understand computerized billing systems and software
utilized to manage such processes. (e.g. Excel) for reporting
Working knowledge of medical and insurance terminology as would be
acquired by working in a medical practice or hospital
Keywords: Washington Regional, Fayetteville , Call Center Registration Specialist (Monday - Friday 9:30am - 6pm) - Clinic Admissions, Healthcare , Fayetteville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!