Home Infusion Pharmacist - Per Diem
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Come join an exciting and innovative company that puts the
"care" back in healthcare! KabaFusion is a home infusion company
with 19 pharmacies and the ability to service 40+ states. While we
are known for our expertise in IVIg and SCIg, we also provide acute
infusion and nutritional services. Where KabaFusion truly excels,
is in its approach to patient care and positive clinical outcomes.
With our dedicated and highly skilled staff, we are able to employ
a multi-disciplinary approach to the continuum of care for those
patients transitioning to the comfort of their home. JOB SUMMARY:
The Staff Pharmacist provides safe and appropriate pharmacy
services to patients in the alternate care setting in accordance
with policies and procedures, professional standards, and
applicable regulatory and accrediting entities. Coordinates patient
services. Assesses appropriateness of therapy, dispenses
medications, supplies and medical equipment, documents patient
progress toward goals, intervenes as clinically appropriate and
provides education regarding appropriate medication administration
and use. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates ethical pharmacy practice and ensures compliance
with all company policies and procedures, state and federal
pharmacy rules and regulations, professional practice standards,
and accrediting entities.
- Assesses patient's suitability for home care and
appropriateness of prescribed therapy.
- Ensures the patient database is complete and compiles the
necessary information needed to design a patient-specific pharmacy
plan of care with goals for therapy.
- Recommends and writes patient-appropriate orders.
- Assures documents that require the prescriber's or pharmacist's
signature for billing are generated and obtained.
- Assesses laboratory results and performs pharmacokinetic
- Makes appropriate dosing recommendations and documents.
- Initiates, creates, and updates patient medication
- Performs accurate prescription order entry to ensure
medications are properly concentrated, without incompatibilities,
stable and properly stored.
- Dispenses medications and related supplies to cost-effectively
meet patient needs and assures authorization for services is
obtained prior to dispensing.
- Prepares for and actively participates in patient care
conferences including Nutrition Support Rounds.
- Participates in the on-call process and documents on call
activities in the patient medical record, if appropriate, and
communicates with relevant personnel. PREFERRED EDUCATION &
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (Doctor of Pharmacy or a Master
of Science degree in Pharmacy desirable) from an accredited college
- Currently licensed as a registered pharmacist in state of
- A minimum of two years recent experience in an acute-care
setting or one-year recent experience in home infusion
- Experience and strong knowledge base in intravenous admixture
services and intravenous therapy. #pharmacy #pharmacist #infusion
#homeinfusion #intraveneous #admixture #sterilecompounding #iv
Keywords: KabaFusion, Fayetteville , Home Infusion Pharmacist - Per Diem, Healthcare , Fayetteville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!