Part-time Veterinary Kennel Technician
Company: Alliance Animal Health
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Animal Medical Clinic is a well-established, progressive, fast
paced 4 doctor companion animal and limited exotics practice
located in Fayetteville, Arkansas. We offer many services to
provide the best comprehensive care to our patients including
Preventative Care, Surgery, Urgent Care, High Speed Dentistry, Cold
Laser Therapy, In-House Diagnostics, Digital full body and dental
radiology, Ultrasonography, Medical and/or Vacation Boarding and
Animal Medical Clinic is located in Fayetteville, Arkansas
(population around 91,000-the second largest city in Arkansas) and
is a part of the growing 500,000+ Northwest Arkansas corridor
population. Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas,
houses the Walton Arts Center (which has Broadway plays as well as
numerous musical artists), and has an extensive trail system for
walking and biking. Northwest Arkansas is home to Walmart, Tysons,
and JB Hunt. Beaver Lake is close by for water activities and the
Buffalo National River is a beauty to float.
To learn more about us click here.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
The kennel tech is responsible for the care, feeding, medicating,
and cleaning of our patients in the hospital and boarding facility.
This job involves cleaning, laundry, bathing, feeding, walking
dogs, and medicating patients. You are responsible for restocking
hospital supplies, helping with post-operative patients, assisting
doctors and assistants with animal restraint and exams. You will be
responsible for proper recordkeeping of medications, special foods,
appetite, behavior and any issue that may arise while the animal is
in our care. You may be trained to clean and sterilize surgical
We are looking for someone with:
- Knowledge of cleaning and disinfecting methods.
- Proper methods of animal restraint.
- Ability to use cleaning materials and equipment with skill and
- Perform moderately heavy physical labor (large dogs, bags of
litter, pet foods, etc).
- Ability to sympathetically and patiently attend to sick, scared
and injured animals.
- Ability to learn to administer medications and to recognize
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the
course of the job.
- Must be available weekends and holidays
- Morning and afternoon shifts required SPECIAL WORKING
+ Ability to sit or stand and work at a computer for long periods
+ Ability to be confident around animals (i.e., dogs, cats, birds,
reptiles, etc. Candidate to confirm species treated with practice
leadership for additional clarity.)
+ Client needs and work volume may occasionally require more than
40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job. This
position may require special working hours, including working
weekends, evenings and/or holidays.
+ Must have mental capacity and processes for reasoning,
remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing,
and speaking the English language) to perform the duties
+ The noise level in the work environment is moderately high. Ear
plugs will be available upon request.
+ Job requires sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform
required duties while working.
+ Ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as
well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
+ Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity
with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and
operate other equipment as required.
+ Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
+ Hospital teammates are routinely exposed to a variety of animals
that may bite, kick or scratch, and on occasion, may be exposed to
anesthesia, radiation, biological or zoonotic hazards and/or
We offer our staff:
- Comprehensive Benefits (health, dental, vision, liability, 401k
& 401K matching program, life & supplemental insurance, HSA, &
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time for ALL Employees
- Paid Bereavement Program
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Competitive Compensation
- Continuing Education Allowance (applies to
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to a CVA/CVT/CVPM Partnership through Penn Foster
- Career Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program for most positions!
- Additional Benefits May Also Be Available (i.e. Personal Pet
Discounts, Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Bonuses etc)
- Hiring eligibility may be contingent to a candidate authorizing
and completing a satisfactory background check.
*Note - some benefits may only be available to or vary slightly for
full time employment status vs part time status.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy & Federal & State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because
of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation
or National Origin
Keywords: Alliance Animal Health, Fayetteville , Part-time Veterinary Kennel Technician, Healthcare , Fayetteville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!