Retail Service Advisor
Company: B Sew Inn
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Retail Service Advisor
Reports to: Store Manager
Who We Are:
The Service Technician position is responsible for the
troubleshooting, repair, adjustment, and maintenance of all types
of sewing machines, embroidery machines, long arms, sergers and
related accessory equipment through excellent customer service
while upholding B-Sew Inn s core values. This is a full-time
position, 40 hours a week including Saturdays.
The Retail Service Advisor position is responsible to coordinate
communication between customers, service technicians and store team
member involving sewing machine repair. This position will initiate
machine services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems
and services requested through excellent customer service while
upholding B-Sew Inn s core values. This is a full-time position, 40
hours a week including Saturdays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and a willingness to adhere to
BSI s culture, including finding a way to say Yes .
- Greet guest at service check in and determine service needs by
listening to guest s description of symptoms.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve maintenance/repair issues
on a variety of home sewing/embroidery machines.
- Verify warranty and service contract coverages using records in
Point of Sales system.
- Provide service estimates, explaining provisions and
exclusions. If machine requires additional work beyond original
estimate, contact the customer to advise the extra cost and obtain
approval to proceed.
- Provide indication of when service will be completed.
- Write repair orders by describing symptoms, problems, and
causes, as well as repairs and services required using check in
sheet and entering order into Point of Sale system.
- Exhibits sales skills required to achieve personal and store
goals; demonstrate persistence, overcome obstacles; recognize and
act on opportunities to create sales off service.
- Displays merchandise at service check in, suggests selections
that meet guests needs, and emphasizes selling points of article
such as quality and utility.
- Process basic sales invoices using Point of Sales
- Uses computer database to research availability of
- Complete necessary product orders and inventory reports only
applicable in certain locations.
- Participates in Physical Inventory.
- Sells service contracts for machines sold.
- Maintain customer records including current contact information
such as phone and email.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities, reading manufacturer s publications, etc.
- Maintain good relationships with guests.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by meeting
customer needs in a courteous manner.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations, solicit
customer feedback to improve service, respond to requests for
service and assistance in a prompt manner.
- Cleans shelves, counters, tables, and other general retail
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2-year technical degree or similar related field preferred.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to learn and apply new skills, requiring minimal
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or
negative situations. Listens, gets clarification, and responds well
- Great attention to detail.
- Diligent and punctual.
- Ability to follow instructions, respond to management direct
and takes responsibility for own actions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
- Familiarity with computer skills; willingness to learn Point of
Sale Inventory Functions.
- Ability to lift 100lbs.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This position is in a standard retail environment with desktop
business equipment and telephone calls. Noise level is moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is
regularly required to stand and walk for long periods of time and
must constantly reach with hands and fingers; climb or balance and
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequent hearing and talking is
required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such
as computers, and phones; keyboard typing is required. This
position requires the ability to occasionally lift and carry
supplies and shipments up to 100lbs. Near vision must be used
regularly when completing repairs. Hearing must be used regularly
in the diagnosing of machine issues and adjustments. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential job functions.
- Competitive Wages
- Group Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Optional Vision & Dental Insurance
- Vacation Days
- Personal Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Pre-Tax Retirement Program
- Team Member Discounts
Keywords: B Sew Inn, Fayetteville , Retail Service Advisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Fayetteville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!