Company: CITY OF FAYETTEVILLE-HR
Posted on: January 15, 2020
SENIOR PLANNER 2020-01478
$47,944.00 - $57,761.60 Annually
Development Services Department
Essential Job Duties
The City of Fayetteville is committed to attracting, engaging and
rewarding a multi-generational workforce. By offering a total
rewards package including competitive compensation and benefits
plans and a purposeful work life, the City is an employer of choice
focused on serving our community.As an employer of choice, the City
provides a base compensation and total rewards structure that is
highly competitive. The starting rate of pay for this position will
depend on experience and qualifications. The grade range for this
position is: HIRING RANGE(Minimum 15% Minimum) Market Maximum$23.05
$26.51 $27.77 $33.32
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external
customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships
with other City employees (especially members of their own team),
and have regular and reliable attendance that is
- Perform supervisory responsibilities which may include
interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning,
and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
problems. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with
the City's policies and applicable laws.
- Demonstrate the ability to exercise sound judgment and take
responsible actions as a City representative during contact with
the public, elected and appointed officials, developers and other
- Review development and zoning proposals to ensure that the
projects are in compliance with the city's ordinances and
- Review building permits for commercial, multi-family, and
certain single family structures.
- Provide development proposal responses to the
applicants/developers, for the purpose of moving a project through
the development process in a timely manner.
- Assist the general public with development questions and/or
explain the intent and scope of a proposed development.
- Attend preliminary meetings with developers and design
professionals, prior to project submittal.
- Prepare and present staff recommendations and reports regarding
developments within the City's jurisdiction at public
- Present projects and staff recommendations to the Planning
Commission, Subdivision Committee, Technical Plat Review Committee,
Board of Adjustment, Historic District Commission and Arts Council
and be prepared to answer questions.
- Assist in neighborhood planning, revitalization and
preservation activities, including conducting background research
and data collection.
- Prepare maps, drawings and other graphics including making
property site and field visits; prepare property site plans, zoning
plans and sketches in ArcGIS and planning-related software; and
maintain and update official City maps, including the zoning,
overlay district, and similar maps.
- Conduct site visits for zoning evaluation, development
proposals, and for Certificate of Occupancy final
- Work with supervisor and colleagues to formulate short and
long-range planning programs and establish broad priorities and
- Understand, demonstrate and support the missions of the City of
Fayetteville and the Development Services Department.
- Understand customer base and seek to meet the needs of the
- Identify, analyze and solve problems in support of group,
department, and organization objectives; consider cause and effect
among different factors or stakeholders of a problem.
- Coordinate with other city departments and/or divisions to
incorporate joint work efforts, creating a more efficient
development review process.
- Enable and empower employees within work group to work more
- Seek opportunities for training and increasing knowledge of
planning and development management.
- Adhere to the AICP Code of Ethics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Secondary Job Duties
- Secondary duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or
university and three years of related experience. Prefer previous
project management and/or supervisory experience.
- AICP Certification preferred.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Effectively communicate with others orally and in writing,
often under complex conditions that require good judgment.
- Must possess public presentation skills to provide
presentations to staff, the public, and various boards and
committees in a clear, effective manner.
- Must be able to use mathematics involving the practical
application of fractions, percentages, ratios and
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer and software
programs such as word processing and spreadsheets, and must be able
to become proficient in the use of other related software programs
such as Hansen and ArcMap. Must be able to effectively operate
standard office equipment.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk and hear. The employee regularly is
required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities to
perform essential functions.
EOE AA Veteran/Disability
Keywords: CITY OF FAYETTEVILLE-HR, Fayetteville , Senior Planner, Other , Fayetteville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!