Company: CITY OF FAYETTEVILLE-HR
Posted on: March 18, 2020
PLANS EXAMINER - ENGINEERING 2020-01514
$38,750.40 - $46,696.00 Annually
Development Services Department
Essential Job Duties
The City of Fayetteville is committed to attracting, engaging and
rewarding a multi-generational workforce. By offering a total
rewards package including competitive compensation and benefits
plans and a purposeful work life, the City is an employer of choice
focused on serving our community.The starting rate of pay for this
position will be within 15% of the grade range minimum. The rate
determined will depend on experience and qualifications. The grade
range for this position is: HIRING RANGE(Minimum 15% Minimum)
Market Maximum$18.63 $21.42 $22.45 $26.93
- Provide good customer service to both internal and external
customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships
with other City employees (especially members of their own team),
and have regular and reliable attendance that is
- Review plans and specifications for site plans, subdivision
plats, property line adjustments, lots splits, rezonings and other
submittals for conformance with standards, ordinances and other
City requirements. Coordinate reviews with other departments,
utility companies and other agencies. Attend regular development
review meetings and communicate plan review comments to
- Review residential permits for conformance with applicable City
standards and ordinances. Provide comments to applicants and
approve/deny the permit from engineering review.
- Evaluate and provide final determination of sidewalk
construction versus payment of money-in-lieu of construction for
all new one to two family residential development.
- Serve as a citizen contact for questions involving sidewalks,
driveway approaches, access ramps and ADA requirements within the
- Keep records of the footage of sidewalk constructed by all
private development within the City's rights-of-way.
- Determine the percentage of sidewalk completion for
subdivisions for the purpose of the public infrastructure
- Assist engineers, contractors, builders, governmental agencies
and others with requests for design criteria and standards,
construction details and City requirements.
- Assist with special projects as assigned. Draft updates to City
Code and/or City standards and manuals. Prepare Master Plan Updates
for transportation, sidewalks, and drainage programs.
- Evaluate reports of code violations related to grading,
drainage and/or sidewalks for one to two family residential
construction. Coordinate with supervisor to issue Notice of
Violation when necessary.
- Attend biweekly staff meetings and other meetings with
engineers, surveyors and land agents as required. Perform other
duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Secondary Job Duties
- Serve as back-up to perform or supervise performance of visual
site inspections of construction projects, including storm water
management and erosion control, street subgrade and base
preparation and compaction, curb and gutter, asphalt/concrete
paving, water and sewer mains, and other infrastructure.
- Serve as back-up to witness pressure and leakage test of
waterlines, low pressure air test on sanitary sewer mains and
vacuum test manholes, sampling of new waterlines, and all other
testing required in accordance with City Ordinances and
- Secondary duties as assigned.
EOE AA Veteran/Disability
Keywords: CITY OF FAYETTEVILLE-HR, Fayetteville , Plans Examiner, Other , Fayetteville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!