Quarry Foreman - Fayetteville, AR 1 1
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Job ID: 274899APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and
providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete,
asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure
construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern
Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been
serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look
forward to continued success in the 21st Century!Position
OverviewThe Foreperson position is responsible for the day to day
operations of the facility including the following, but not limited
to: communication with quality control; handling the aspects
related to plant personnel and customers; scheduling necessary
plant maintenance.Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and
- Maintain a safe work environment for themselves and
- Follow all company policies and all OSHA/MSHA regulations for
safe working procedures and environment.
- Ensure daily maintenance is completed and schedule appointments
for any major repairs.
- Report any problems to the Superintendent, Safety Manager, or
Human Resources Manager.
- Manage personnel as well as schedule and monitor time
- Train employees on proper operations, servicing, and minor
repair of equipment.
- Perform general laboring duties when necessary.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is
- Other duties as may be assigned.QualificationsTo perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily.Education/Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required,
BS in Mining Engineering or related field a plus.
- Two years of related experience and/or training preferred.Work
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment
(PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by
OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but
not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard
toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in plant
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to work well and efficiently with others.
- Ability to work with computer software, including Microsoft
Office.Physical RequirementsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate
objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl,
talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance,
peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders and to work at heights.
- Able to occasionally move/carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work extended hours.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to work in tight quarters.Work Environment
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical
parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and
risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be
loud, but is typically moderate.What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programsAbout CRH AmericasCRH Americas has
a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest
corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family
businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized
enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH
Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure,
letting you work in a small company environment while having the
career opportunities of a large enterprise.CRH Americas is a great
place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite
you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your
online application and profile which will be sent directly to the
appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH
Americas family!APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and
Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/Vet/Disability
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Fayetteville , Quarry Foreman - Fayetteville, AR 1 1, Other , Fayetteville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!