Process Safety and Risk Engineer (HSSE Engineer)
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Process Safety and Risk Engineer (HSSE
We create a sustainable future through innovative
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and
marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum
additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to
improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner
transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional
business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China,
there has never been a better time to start a career at
Infineum's successes are built on the exceptional
talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds,
cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different
talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize
that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with
innovation. We're looking for motivated colleagues to join us where
you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can
offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
In general, this position is responsible for managing the
process safety and risk assessment programs for a large
manufacturing facility, including compliance with all pertinent
State and Federal regulations.
What we can expect from you
- Responsible for Bayway Chemical Plant process safety analyses,
reviews and corrective recommendations, and compliance with
pertinent NJ State (Toxic Catastrophe Prevention Act) and Federal
(OSHA Process Safety Management and Risk Management Program)
- Lead Process Hazard Analyses (PHAs), risk assessments, and
Layer of Protection Analyses (LOPA).
- Review process designs and management of change requests to
ensure compliance with safety engineering standards.
- Facilitate training and mentoring of younger engineers on
safety engineering technology and systems required to manage site
risks and plant changes.
- Develop dispersion analyses to evaluate consequence and assess
risk due to potential HC and EHS substance releases.
- Interact with Government agencies during site inspections and
- Prepare reports to agencies, as required by regulations.
- Support process and project engineers and unit supervisors on
process safety issues, including recommendation of options to
prevent incidents or reduce risk identified in process hazard
analyses or resulting from compliance audit follow ups.
- Analysis of process safety and risk regulations (state and
federal) and development of site compliance plans.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with regulations including
successful performance on audits.
- Model emergency release scenarios and assist in emergency
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned
candidate is likely to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5-10 years' experience in Process Design and Safety
Engineering, preferably in manufacturing sites
- Experience in process safety technology, PSM regulatory
compliance, and programs to drive improvement.
- Process simulation and dispersion modelling software knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & risk assessments required
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects/tasks
- Negotiation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Proactive / Initiative
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no
better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have
the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next
generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power
transportation of the future.
- High levels of project management responsibilities
- Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative
- Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity
to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding
of a commercial business as a whole
- Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company
that values everyone as an individual.
- Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
- Community outreach activities & social clubs - Recognition,
Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
- Onsite medical, cafe, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and
secure onsite parking
- Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation
31 May 2021
New Jersey, USA
Role Function and Group
Bayway Manufacturing Environmental Compliance
Keywords: Infineum, Fayetteville , Process Safety and Risk Engineer (HSSE Engineer), Other , Fayetteville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!