Assembler - 1st Shift
Company: Key Tronic Corporation
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Keytronic is a team-based, supportive environment where everyone
is able to feel encouraged and supported. We provide opportunities
for growth through seminars, certifications, on-the-job training,
and career advancement. Our team and employees are proud of our
product diversity and team environment. We are an international
company where you will do something different every day in our
fast-paced work environment, but we are always finding ways to
create something new and be innovative
We encourage you to apply for this position if you enjoy being
challenged, working in a dynamic work setting, and being a part of
a team that creates products that drive our world, while providing
an innovative workplace with deep camaraderie, compelling product
diversity, and resources to build your career.
Keytronic provides competitive salaries and benefits including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term
Disability, Vacation, Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, and 401K. We
also have a company provided wellness program because we care about
the wellbeing of our employees inside and outside of the workplace.
We organize volunteer opportunities, company activities, and
all-employee meetings to show we value our employees and the
community around us!
JOB SUMMARY: This position will provide assembly support for the
Operations and will support the new product introduction (NPI)
process. Position requires knowledge of raw materials, production
processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for
maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
This position will be able to assist in packing, assembly, prep,
build line, and testing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Under general supervision will perform assigned manufacturing
function that will support the production process while maintain
cost objective and meeting quality standards.
* Prep all components base on production aids and/or other
* Ability to place assembled boards in packing box per work
* Assemble electrical or electronic systems and support structures;
and install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, and assembly
casings, using rivets, bolts, soldering and micro-welding
* Adjust, repair, or replace electrical or electronic component
parts to correct defects and to ensure conformance to
* Installs hardware on boards, taping, masking, and installing
components. Ensuring proper quality after the board has been
through the applicable process as indicated by the production
* Set up each kit for any given build line as indicated by the
production aids/work instructions. The position also involves
all/some of the following: pulling KanBan parts, re-filling of bins
on the build line, requisitioning parts to fill shortages, use of
the AS400 computer system, as well as identification of raw
* Responsible to check for proper solder quality as well as
complete any repairs.
* Ability to read and interpret drawings, diagrams, blueprints,
specifications, work orders, and reports in order to determine
materials requirements and assembly instructions.
* Will inspect and test products throughout the manufacturing
process to ensure quality is maintained throughout the production
* Will confer with engineering, managers, production supervisors,
and leads to plan and review work activities and resolve any issues
with the NPI process. Will seek clarification and direction on any
questions with drawings, or other documents.
* Will assist and perform routine root cause analysis and
troubleshooting on the production line in order to efficiently and
cost effectively improve the production process.
* Ability to operate various types of assembly and equipment to
support the production process.
* May be assigned other duties that will directly or indirectly
support the Operations department.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Experience in mechanical or electronic assembly.
* Any combination of education and experience will be
* Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to handle
and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a timely manner
in a fast-paced environment.
* Sound written and oral communication skills; must be able to
write and understand routine reports, follow oral and written
instructions, and speak effectively.
* Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and work with
diverse groups of people.
* Must have knowledge of use and operation of standard office
equipment and be familiar with commonly used email, Internet, word
processing, databases and spreadsheets.
* Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle
sensitive and confidential situations and materials. Position
continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
* Lean Six Sigma trained.
* IPC Certification.
* One plus years experience in surface mount technology soldering
or hand soldering.
* Experience in Contract Manufacturing and EMS industry desired
with an emphasis in supporting an offshore manufacturing
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The employee is regularly required to sit; use
hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, talk, hear, and see. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, stand,
walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or reach with
hands and arms. The environment is fast-paced; time pressured, and
requires accuracy. The employee will regularly multi-task between
projects, be required to move throughout the office building,
production area, and effectively communicate. The normal
environment is moderately loud and may at times be louder in some
The statements on this job description are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required by all incumbents,
and all job descriptions are subject to change to accommodate
business necessity. In support of Keytronic goals some incumbents
may perform other duties as assigned. In addition, all Keytronic
employees are expected to:
* Promote teamwork and cooperative effort
* Help train and give guidance to other Keytronic employees
* Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area
* Provide customers with the highest quality of products and
* Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement
Keytronic is an EOE/M/W/VET/Disabilities employer.
Keywords: Key Tronic Corporation, Fayetteville , Assembler - 1st Shift, Other , Fayetteville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!