Posted on: September 22, 2022
KFSM-TV 5NEWS, the CBS affiliate in Northwest Arkansas, is looking
for a News Producer to work from our new Fayetteville newsroom.
Candidates must be curious, creative and collaborate in the
newsroom with a strong editorial voice. Our show producers create
interesting and informative newscasts, with an emphasis on the use
of video, graphics, and conversational writing.
The ideal candidate will share ideas for daily local content, while
maintaining attention to detail. This producer must be able to
write concisely and execute the goals of each newscast, while also
meeting tight deadlines.
* Craft, build, mold, visualize, conceptualize the lead story, and
specialized local content for the newscast.
* Use creative production techniques like graphics, editing and new
forms of media to enhance stories.
* Work directly with Executive Producer & other management to
consistently build a high-quality newscast.
* Write in an exciting, accurate and creative way.
* Enterprise local news stories.
* Lead and inspire a team to work together for a great
* BA/BS in journalism, communications or related.
* Minimum of 2 years' experience producing/line producing for
* Understanding of the tenets of journalism.
* Proven experience producing engaging, content-driven newscasts
and digital content.
* Strong social media skills, including Twitter and Facebook.
* Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred.
* Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant
* Experience calmly handling live, breaking news situations, and
Work Environment: Office.
Physical Demands: Sedentary work.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%.
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the
time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves
the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells
empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers
innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 64
U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network
affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups,
reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households
nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime
Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers
innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across
television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including
Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information,
visit [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by
the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug
free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage
and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal
appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family
responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational
school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic
information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Keywords: Tegna, Fayetteville , Producer, Other , Fayetteville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!