IT Security Analyst
Company: University of Arkansas
Posted on: February 11, 2019
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
The IT Security Analyst is responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing security measures for information systems to regulate access to computer data files and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure of information.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL RELEVANT APPLICATION MATERIALS INCLUDE DETAILS ADDRESSING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS. APPLICANTS NOT MEETING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM CONSIDERATION.
* The formal education of a bachelor s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field
* At least two years of experience in computer operations, data applications, systems analysis, or database management
Applicable equivalencies may be considered.
DOES THIS JOB REQUIRE ANY LICENSE(S)/CERTIFICATION(S)*
IF YES, PLEASE SPECIFY
* Experience in the oversight and execution of a continuous monitoring/improvement security program (to include but not limited to self-inspections, security control assessments, training, log management systems, automated inventory utilities, etc.)
* Experience in the execution and management of Information System s (IS) incident response and administrative inquiries/investigations in collaboration with the Investigations department
* Experience with at least one programming or scripting language
* Experience with technical concepts like regular expressions, data normalization, and correlation
* Current CISSP, GIAC, CEH, or similar certifications compatible with ISO 17024 or US DoD 8570.01
* Familiarity with modern cyber-security frameworks
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* Knowledge of information protection methodologies and concepts
* Knowledge of information protection standards, guidelines, and applied procedures
* Ability to produce written reports and technical documentation
* Ability to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization and to establish effective working relationships
* Ability to train individuals and small groups with new or unfamiliar concepts
* Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality of such data and information
* Ability to identify potential security breaches and recommend countermeasures
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
* Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
* Repetitive motion
Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
None. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
IS THIS POSITION WEATHER/EVENT ESSENTIAL* IF YES, THE EMPLOYEE IN THIS POSITION WILL REPORT TO WORK AT THE SCHEDULED TIME WHEN THE UNIVERSITY IS CLOSED DUE TO INCLEMENT CONDITIONS.
Fayetteville Campus - Administrative Services Building
$41,159 - $44,276 (commensurate with education and/or experience)
PAY GRADE LEVEL
TYPE OF BACKGROUND CHECKS REQUIRED
Criminal felony and misdemeanor and national registered sex offender check, National criminal background and registered sex offender check
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
FUTURE OPEN DATE
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
ANTICIPATED START DATE
ANTICIPATED END DATE (FOR TEMPORARY APPOINTMENTS)
RECRUITMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
University of Arkansas Human Resources
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A s employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS SUMMARY
222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to race/color, sex, gender, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Keywords: University of Arkansas, Fayetteville , IT Security Analyst, Professions , Fayetteville, Arkansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!